We actually celebrated Halloween St. Anthony style this year. No more boycotting Halloween for me. Jill converted me....sure there were no jello brain molds, or dry ice experiments but I did my best to make this a Halloween to remember. I even had the kids go trick-or-treating for real. Here in St. Anthony, trick or treating is just like in the movies! Tons of kids going door to door...walking in balmy fall weather...in safe neighborhoods. Thank you Chelsons for taking my kids with you guys after the trunk or treating!
The festivities began a week ahead of time with the school Halloween Carnival. I scored big time at DI! Will wanted to be a toy soldier and I think he turned out awesome. We did buy the green face paint but then we decided not to use it. Trust me, it was a lot cleaner that way. He designed and created his foot platform. I thought it was brilliant but it turned out to not be practical for walking around quickly;)


Will and I went to the carnival for our date night. People asked me if I was a sheriff. Really? I just replied I was the parent of 2 teenagers. Haha!

Little Miss Kris went to 3 Halloween parties and was something different for each one! Wonder Woman went to her playgroup Halloween party ready for action. She had a blast running around with all the other kids. Thank you dress up box!

The 2nd Halloween party was actually on her birthday at preschool! It doesn't get any better than that does it? We brought almond bark dipped pretzel rods for the 14 kiddos. Fun to make and fun to eat! The kids trunk or treated after preschool so it was like they had the birthday party for her. Sweet!
I love this picture because it captures the absolute excitement and anticipation
of a birthday morning!

This was costume #2 for the preschool party. Thanks for the tutu mimi! Kristen also got a baby carrier which she took for show and tell. I guess we could call her the pink tutu girl for this one!


The night of her birthday, Kristen helped decorate her cake.
I think it turned out fantabulous!

My little girl is all grown up! She insisted on wearing her gift from Diana for her birthday bash. These pictures cannot do the outfit justice. Think frilly, sparkly, purply, and you have Kristen's died-and-gone-to-heaven birthday ensemble!

I still can't believe she is 5! Where did the time go?

And this is the best picture I've ever taken of a child blowing out a candle! Yay me!

The birthday guests were Carlie and Will of course!

Kristen decided to be a purple fairy princess for Halloween night! Surprise, surprise. Unfortunately, half the pictures I take with my cell phone include my gloved finger. Yep, this is yet another sad display of photography know how but it's all I have.

And this one is with Will's friend Brigham who saved our Halloween by having Kris and Will go trick or treating with his family. He was a cool pirate!

And lest we forget Mello's very first dance. She was not happy that she had to dress up. She is on student council afterall and should obey the rules. Anyhow, I convinced her to be what she was last year because the costume would be new to everyone here anyway. Besides, I never got a picture of her in it last year! Go Red Lodge Gangsta!
AWESOME pictures Allie!!
ReplyDeleteDiana was 'oohing and aahing' at all of them!!
All of the costumes were great, and Will's was just too cool!!!