I thought this was an appropriate title for a blog background. I am happy to report the beginning of soccer season...with warm weather. Will won was his first soccer game, across town...Carlie (coached by Joe) won her basketball game, and down the valley in Missoula...Jansen P.R.'d in Cross Country with 20:16 (2500 participants!). So we're off and running with lots to do. The calendar is full of sporting events, school open houses, ym/yw activities, sub jobs, and birthdays coming up.
The medicine cabinet is stocked with airborne and vitamins preparing for the upcoming cold and flu season. I already got hit by the sinus bug but am recovering quickly. The primary program is coming up quickly and I hope and pray I've taught the songs well enough throughout the year. Jansen has started driver's ed and I find myself wondering where the time is going as it flies by at an exponential rate of speed!
Now as we anticipate the change in weather I realize how much I have come to rely on the sunshine as part of my daily routine. Wow, I'm going to miss it. Am I ready for the snow slated to hit Tuesday? No..not so much. But I'll enjoy each last ray of sunshine and the opportunity to be jacket-free.
I watched a movie called Surrogates last night and as I came out, I was actually thankful for my physical flaws and my human-ness. Then I saw a recent picture of me on a blog and realized it is time to dye my hair once again! Oh well. On a happy note...Joe's hair is finally starting to grow back. I hadn't realized how shallow I was until Joe bicked his head. I was repulsed by the bald look he was sporting even though I knew he was the same man underneath it all. I've embraced my shallowness and our marriage did indeed survive but I can't tell you how much his hair coming in makes me smile!
So welcome autumn! Welcome soccer! Welcome overscheduled calendar! Welcome NFL football! Welcome household insanity! And yet somehow I find myself filled with Glee!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I need to watch the news more- snow, really?! I'm way too superficial about some things-- hair is my biggest. For myself and my Joe. LOL! :) Hope to see you at school again soon!
ReplyDelete