Thursday, May 7, 2009

Up and Washin' Again

After a tiring week of no washer, Johnsons appliance came and thankfully it was an easy fix. So here's what our $65 paid for. Here's what Cade pulled out of our filter....



Umm, family...please empty your pockets before you do laundry!!!!

The washer broke the day Joe left to Atlanta of course! I had to hand wring out the entire load because it wasn't draining or spinning. Hmmm, I wonder why? Normally it wouldn't have been as big of deal, well, who am I kidding...it would have been a big deal regardless. However, I had 15 realtors show up to our house the next morning (yes, the house is on the market again), so I couldn't very well have clothes hanging and drip drying all over the house! I stayed up late into the night cleaning the house and then again the following morning. Of course the clothes drying on the shower rod, all fell to the ground so that was fun. But by the time 9 am rolled around, I had all evidence of the broken washer and flooded laundry room concealed. One of the realtors asked if we had just moved in recently. Yeah, right. What they don't know won't hurt them right!

A special thank you to the Kanenwishers for heading to Disneyland so I could use their laundry facilities with the push of a garage door button. Truly, your vacation timing was inspired. And also thank you to the Gwynns for letting me wash and then going to switch the loads to find they had already been dried too! You guys rock! If you have a spare minute today...give your washer a hug. I know I can't live without mine!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I was just thinking about this as I was pulling .73 cents out of the washer this morning!

    Hey, at least there's a bill in there you can clean up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Our washer probably looks like that as well. haha.

    ReplyDelete