I woke up this morning to a dirty house with everyone complaining there were no bowls for cereal. It was so worth it though. I spent my evening enjoying the American Idol Finale and threw caution to the wind. I am on my long weekend till Tuesday and I intend to enjoy every moment of it....the housework can wait. I was shocked that Adam Lambert did not win but was okay with it because I have become a huge Kris Allen fan the past couple of weeks. The musical performances were incredible! I had no idea that my Keith Urban would be performing. It was like a way early Christmas present and I can watch it over and over on DVR! I was a bit upset with how enthralled Will was with the KISS performance. Uh, oh! He loved the boots, the face makeup and yes, even the tongue. We'll have to keep a close eye on this kid! lol
One of my cold sores has healed, scabbed, and is gone. Woohoo. The other two remain making me feel like a hideous creature but I am going to have to get over it. My coworkers treated me as a human so maybe it's not as bad as I thought. I finally have Lysine in my medicine cabinet and yes Matt, I even went and got some Abreva. The pharmacist looked at me and then at the Abreva and kindly noted that I am beyond the Abreva stage. I politely said I realized that but needed it for the next break out. So we'll see how it goes. The combination of Lysine and Ibuprofen has finally started to kick in. The pain is now minimal and since I started the Lysine, I promise they have actually shrunk and the swelling no longer looks like I got stung by a bee!
So the day started great. I went to start a load of laundry and checked the dryer for any spare socks when....
Let me back up....remember the whole $65 washer repair and the lectures I gave the family on please emptying out their pockets. Well, apparently nobody listened. I have found pens, pencils, and even a reeses pieces peanut butter cup over the last couple of weeks. But today took the cake. My beloved teenage son apparently had the need to wash and dry a whole pack of gum! So when I opened the dryer it became very clear that I had my work cut out for me. I googled gum in dryer and found that I should be able to moisten dryer sheets, run them for 15 minutes, and then it should wipe out.
So I decided as the old Mickie-D's slogan said, "You deserve a break today". (I know, I live in a perpetual world of the "Have a Coke and a Smile" generation.) After I dropped Kris off at playgroup, I took myself right on over to McD's and ordered a sausage biscuit and hashbrown. (My once a year $2.75 splurge) And even though I have a messy house, gum in the dryer, and cold sores covering my face, I have to say, "Bah-da-da-da-dah...I'm Lovin it!"
I hope you all get a well deserved break this memorial day weekend!
PS-If you were wondering...Put it this way...I didn't need to go to the gym to workout today because I got an amazing bicep workout cleaning the dryer. But, I'm happy to report that the dryer sheets worked with a little water and elbow grease! Who knew?
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment