I was called in to sub in the Special Ed department for the entire week of finals this past week. I subbed all but Thursday (my turn for playgroup). I always come home with some great stories and quotes. Here were this week's favorite.
Boy: Bite me!
Girl: You wouldn't taste good!
*********************************************************************
Me: So I haven't met you yet and I've been subbing a lot. Have you been sick?
Boy: No I was in Helena.
Me: Oh, do you have family there.
Boy: No I was in jail.
Me in my head: Alrighty then! (I then spent the morning helping him with US History)
**********************************************************************
Me: I sent (insert name here) to the bathroom 12 minutes ago.
Other teacher: You what?
Me: I thought he really needed to go.
Other teacher: We don't ever send a felon out into the school halls. Ever!
Me in my head: Crap!
(This was a different kid then the one above!)
**********************************************************************
And my favorite:
Boy: Mrs. Jessop do you believe in vampires?
Me in Napoleon Dynamite style: Heck yes I do!
Boy: Oh good I can finally talk to someone. There are 3 vampires that follow me everywhere I go. Most people think I am crazy but now I know I can talk to someone who understands.
Me in my head: Uh, oh!
Boy: Yeah, I wake up with someone else's hair in my mouth every morning.
Me: Really. Oh, there's the bell. Gotta run!
Me in my head: EWWWW!
************************************************************************
I seriously love my job! I know it sounds crazy but I connect with these kids. What does that say about me? I can't wait to start my new job at the alternative high school in March!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh Allie,
ReplyDeleteI know those stories aren't funny per se, but I got a good laugh out of them! You're going to have SOOO much fun at the new school!
Thats awesome. Seems like you have been busy lately. Hope all is well with you guys.
ReplyDelete