Warning: The following is a cranky post!
sabotage |ˈsabəˌtä zh |
verb [ trans. ] deliberately destroy, damage, or obstruct (something)
Sometimes I feel like I get completely sabotaged by my body! My immune system seems to grow weaker and weaker the older I get. Not only do I get sick more but I don't bounce back like I used to. Why is it that every time I have something to look forward to my body holds me hostage?
This last year with allergies has been annoying but as long as I keep up on my meds I can cope. However, what I cannot cope with is the common cold! My common cold always ends up turning into a sinus infection. I am so used to sinus headaches now that it's just a normal part of life. But the part of my unhealthiness that kicks my butt every time and throws me into fitful crying of despair is when I lose my voice!
Yep, I once again have laryngitis only just in time for my turn at doing Story Hour at our public library. Oh it gets better...I chose to do a theme called, "Sing me a Story"! Yep, no voice...zip...nada! Maybe by tomorrow I will be able to croak out "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain". People who bring their children will think, "Oh, isn't that sweet...that woman thought she could sing...how brave of her to embarass herself in front of the whole community!" ENOUGH! I want my body back at it's peak wellness! I am a mother of 4 very busy children and I cannot affford to ever be sick so why am I always sick?
Furthermore, why do I lose my voice every time I get sick! My voice is my most precious posession! How else can I read a bed time story to my 2 year old, answer all the questions of my 8 year old, sing to the radio with my 11 year old, figure out the carpooling of my 13 year old, and laugh at my husband's never-ending antics? I can't talk on the phone to a friend and of course this week there is a possibility of an interview for a job.
Am I missing something? I work out diligently 3 times a week, I eat healthy, I take vitamins. What is going on? It's not even cold and flu season yet for crying out loud! Two weeks ago I had 5 days of complete picture of health...not even jitteriness from anxiety! I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I want those 5 days back! Today is back to nervousness bordering on hysteria....must take St. Johns Wart. Sore throat...must make Peppermint Tea. Sniffles...must take decongestant. Headache...must take Ibuprofen. Aw heck we might as well throw in a daily vitamin, echinacea, and some garlic pills while we're at it!
Okay, I am done ranting and complaining. I must seem so ungrateful for what I do have. I know there are people who suffer from much more serious and chronic problems and my moaning is ridiculous. I do apologize.
Here's the "Oscar Moment of my Rant":
Imagine me saying this ala Shakespearean actor: But let my body be warned...I will not let you deliberately destroy my life! I will carry on and I will be victorious. Imagine my head thrown back ala Rico on Hannah Montana when I say the following: Mwoo-Hah-Hah-Hah-Hah! I will not take this sabotage lying down!
ps-Okay, actually a nap does sound good right now. Hope everyone else is healthy and happy!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment