Monday, March 17, 2008

Pinewood Derby





I can't believe I am saying this but Will's Pinewood Derby was pretty cool! Our Stake had the Pinewood Derby "celebrity" host the event with all his computerized programs and tracks. Silly me...I didn't realize that there was even such thing as a Pinewood Derby celebrity! He gave the opening prayer in the language of his christian based religion and we all got a kick out of the end. Instead of the traditional "amen" he yelled into the microphone, "LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!" It was kind of fun to whoop and holler after an opening prayer. We should try that at church sometime! lol

They displayed the names of all the kids who were competing in that particular heat and then the ranking would pop up almost as soon as they crossed the finish line! Too cool! Will's car "Ghost Rider" came in the top three almost every heat. We sat through a total of 98 heats but it went by super fast! Although Will didn't place, he was proud of his car and now we don't have to go to Districts! Whew!

Afterwards, the day was all about Will. He didn't want to take his scout shirt or gold medal off all day! Since Joe was in Missoula at a basketball tournament with Jansen and Carlie, I had Will and Kristen to myself. We went out to eat at the new "Place to Ponder" here in town which Will has wanted to do for some time now. It was yumm-o! Then we headed over to the pool at the Canyons Athletic Club. It was hard to do anything without my two older kids help but we managed. The real fun came when Will and Kris took a bath when they got home! (Don't worry I made them keep their suits on)

After Kristen's nap, we headed to Albertsons to buy our $4.00 gallons of milk before the Sabbath! If the gas pump hasn't already killed us ...the milk will! Anyway, The Bee Movie was on sale. Cute flick! Will was tremendously spoiled the entire day and into the night! When I asked him at lunch if he saw himself competing in basketball AAU tournaments in a few years, he laughed and said, "No way! I hate basketball. I'm a soccer kind of kid!" Oh Boy! Maybe I could get him interested in theatre with his awesome singing voice and knack for being a ham!

Joe returned home with the older kids at around 8:30pm! Interestingly enough, he came home without the Camry. Uh-huh, he sold our car in between games! Alrighty-then. So we are back to being a one car family again. Get this...he wants a truck! Ummm...didn't we just sell our truck...that was completely paid off...to buy a Camry that we had to finance. You can't even imagine how hard I laughed when I saw that the truck he is looking at on Craigslist is the exact same make and model as his former truck. Turns out it is HIS old truck...for $1000 more! Oh boy! Also, the Camry was listed today on Craigslist for $200 more than what we sold it for. AGH! I told him to just do whatever as long as I don't have to be involved!
love, allie

ps: If you haven't rented "Dan In Real Life" yet...you must!

No comments:

Post a Comment