Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Note To Self
I am going to write a letter to myself to open in November of 2008. Here is what it will say..."Note to self: Do not buy any gifts that require batteries to function, nor any electronics which have not already been tested and oh yeah...lay off all the sugar."
I think Leslie put it best by saying the sign of a successful Christmas is when you don't have to return anything the next day! Unfortunately, we are not there yet. We bought Jansen an MP3 player that froze while trying to download an ABBA album. I was so ticked. By the time Joe made it to Missoula a few days later all MP3 players were sold out at Best Buy. Thankfully we had kept the receipt and got a full refund. Joe ran over to Target and bought a way better MP3 and so far so good!
I also had bought a race track for Will that required lots of batteries. I had bought the AA ones but did not see that the triggers needed C batteries. His toy was useless without the right batteries. The day after Christmas I went and ended up buying almost $20 worth of batteries!! What's up with all these toys taking hearing aid size batteries anyway?
Christmas day was not a complete bust though. Thankfully the Age of Mythology computer game Jansen got for his birthday worked. Hence the photo. This picture was taken a few days after Christmas and Carlie's haircut. I was playing with my camera when I shot this one. Kind of generic but I know you love pictures of your grandkids mom!
As far as the sugar goes....we have consumed about 10 lbs of sugar EACH! Yuck! Amazing how sugar makes you feel like a slug. New Years Resolution...no more sugar...well, maybe just one more no-bake cookie or two. By the way Leslie...loved the cookies you sent! No seriously, they were yummy and were eaten while we were still enjoying the sugar rush!
Posted by Odom Kids at 6:23 PM 0 comments



No comments:
Post a Comment