One Tomato
I have waited all summer for my struggling little tomato crop to produce and all I got was one tomato. But this tomato… is perfection! It struggled through wind storms, plummeting temperatures at night, massive amounts of rainfall, and finally the scorching heat of the summer sun! So here is my one perfect tomato and I am overjoyed! This summer was not anything like I expected due to the Covid Crisis. We went from shelter in place, to having church at home, to wearing masks in public, to heart breaking headlines and wild contention in our country, to a cancelled summer vacation due to corona, to a whirlwind miracle temple trip, to a ten day quarantine causing severe isolation and anxiety, to home MTC, to working temporarily from home, to having all kids home, to having some kids home, to deciding whether or not to “brick or click” for high school, all the while longing and yearning for normal. This morning when I woke up and saw this one perfect tomato, I felt like God was winking at me telling me everything is going to be ok. I need to let go of my expectations for the bountiful crop of tomatoes and just be thankful for the one! I was reminded during my REFIT workout this morning that some days you just might have lower energy levels but that doesn’t mean you are failing. Keep moving. Keep trying. Keep growing. And maybe, just maybe the result will be God allowing you to find your very own one little perfect tomato! #godwinks #DoneWithQuarantine #Thankful #Refit
Sunday, August 16, 2020
One Tomato
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment