I baked homemade bread for our at home sacrament on Sunday. I think my offering was acceptable to the Lord even though when I pulled the bread out of the oven it had a huge dip in the middle. It reminded me how the Lord accepts us as we are. I mean it wasn’t the prettiest thing to look at but... it was delicious and served its purpose
My mantra this first week of social distancing has been Faith over Fear. Maybe this is what the Lord needs more of... more homemade bread with basic ingredients. I feel like this social distancing has put everyone on the same playing field again. A place where we are rediscovering the joys of eating dinner together as a family, playing together, praying together and just enjoying being where we are! #FaithOverFear #HomeChurc h #SocialDistancingWeek1
My dearest missionaries,
I want you to know that we are praying for you! This must be so hard not to be out and about God's people that you were called to serve. Many of you are returning home or are being reassigned. Bitter sweet for sure! Bishop Dickemore asked us to focus on the hymn The Spirit of God during our Sunday worship service. I found a really cool YouTube video that was made when President Monson was still the prophet. As the pictures of missionaries and Book of Mormon in different languages flashed by, I started to cry thinking of all the missionaries leaving countries they have grown to love. As they showed pictures of various temples around the world, I thought to myself how much I have taken the temple for granted. Oh how I would love to do a session right now!
Our family is doing just fine. Joe and I are finally mostly recovered from the flu we had. Yes, it lasted over a month and yes they were the exact same symptoms as Corona Virus. Dr Heath assures us it was merely influenza but still.. Our biggest family news is that Will's mission papers are officially in!!! I'm not sure what that means. Not sure how long till he receives his call. Not sure where or when he will get to serve. After the Utah earthquake this past week, Jansen came home. We joke that maybe Jansen will be Will's first trainer;) MTC via technology? So many questions but the only thing that matters is trusting in God. I know He has a plan for each of us and each of you! Continue to trust in Him especially amidst the chaos.
Carlie is still in Logan as she is still scheduled to work at Logan High School distributing school lunches when called on to do so. Kristen is keeping up with school via Google Classrooms. I am still working so far at Bitterroot Foot & Ankle Clinic. We have had our first confirmed COVID 19 case confirmed here in Hamilton with a 19 year old former Hamilton High School student. The name is not being released. She had just traveled internationally.
Utah State's commencement has been cancelled for Jansen and Carlie. Everyone is in a hiring freeze so neither one of them know what to expect for the summer. Jansen had just interviewed at a successful marketing firm in SLC and Carlie was supposed to be coaching a traveling basketball team.
Obviously Kristen's DC 8th grade field trip has been cancelled. She was supposed to leave this Wednesday. Everything feels like it is on pause...and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, if I have to be quarantined anywhere it would definitely be right here at 130 Ormonde Court in Hamilton, Montana!
I am so thankful for the Come Follow Me curriculum to really be feasting on the Book of Mormon. I am thankful for the Restoration Celebration videos on YouTube with David Butler that help me stay focused. I am thankful for surrounding myself with uplifting media. I feel safe and secure knowing that I live my life in a way that I can #HearHim. I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost! I'm thankful for promptings received and followed through on. This is a magnificent time to be alive!!
May you all be blessed to think of creative ways to serve. This past week Joe got to be part of something pretty amazing! He desperately wanted to help our small community amidst the chaos. He pulled up his truck, put out a sign and got to see the beauty of humanity as people stopped by to donate food as well as money to help those in need. But the grace of God shone down as families who really needed it, showed up to get free toilet paper and groceries! Thank you to Lube Quick for allowing him space to bring hope to Hamilton with his pop-up food drive and giveaway:) He will be out there next Thursday again:) All groceries that weren't given away were donated to Haven House. His pop-up food drive was wildly successful with over $300 donated groceries and $500 in cash.
May you continue to serve in whatever capacity you can:) We love you and are praying for you! Work hard and have fun!
love, mama J




No comments:
Post a Comment