Monday, March 11, 2019

Weekend to Remember

The kids brought the sunshine ☀️ to this winter that feels like it will never end 🤪 Loved having everyone all together if only for two days! #WeAllHaveDifferentSpringBreaks #FamilyTime

This past weekend was definitely a weekend to remember!  Carlie and Will came Thursday to watch Kristen's last basketball game but due to snow days the previous week, Kristen's squad's game was cancelled to allow the squad playing time that had missed out when it had snowed.  So sad:(  Oh well, I'm glad they could come anyway.  Next, Jansen had to work Friday so he didn't come until Saturday!  Morgan Keller showed up Saturday night to watch movies with us.  Kristen was so happy to have a full house and a full couch!

I'm not sure what happened to me while watching Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse, but I inhaled wrong to laugh and because of my wicked cold/flu neither nostril would allow me to breathe.  I wasn't choking on anything but I couldn't breathe!  I was terrified and motioned Will to come over to me and help.  I'm not sure what I expected him to do but I knew just having him close would help.  I felt as though the wind had gotten knocked out of me!  I was gasping for breath so Morgan went downstairs  to get Joe but he thought she was joking!  I think everyone thought I was dying...I know I did...  Once I caught my breath I started violently coughing and ended up throwing out my neck and had sore shoulders for a few days after.  I hope that never ever happens again!  Did I mention it scared me?

Unbeknownst to all the kids, the timing of all of them being there on Sunday was pretty special!  Joe got called as second counselor in the bishopric to Brian Hawkes so now it's Brian, Chad, and Dad;)  Joe was also ordained a High Priest.  Jansen got to stand in on the ordination blessings which was really special.  Some of my friends assumed that maybe that's why the kids were all here but I told them nope...they had no idea...it's just one of those tender mercies!

Carlie and Will had to leave Monday morning but Jansen gets to stay for the whole week.  He and Kristen are going skiing on Thursday.  She is so pumped!  I love having my whole family together!!


No comments:

Post a Comment