Friday, February 22, 2013

Divisionals

Both Jansen and Carlie participated in the Divisional Tourney...obviously for different schools in different gender brackets:)
Carlie's team played hard and were rewarded with being able to play in the championship game!  Go Lady Broncs:)
The Corvallis Blue Devils had a sadder time:(
Jansen played his heart out though!

In the end, the loss was almost more than we could handle.  Not only was the season done...
but 4 very long, trying years for my men both as coach and player as well as father and son.  Jansen had started high school playing as a Hamilton Bronc.  We then moved to Idaho where he had played as a South Fremont Cougar.  And he finished up his high school basketball career as a Corvallis Blue Devil...his dad's alma mater!  I can't even begin to describe the emotions spilling out after a very dramatic high school season for our Jansen.  I am so proud of him!
Jansen didn't come out of the locker room for an extremely long time.  He just didn't want to take his jersey off for the last time.  I don't blame him.  I was glad I had made the trip to Butte to be with him for this very volatile time.  Yet again, I was privileged to be at the crossroads of my children's lives:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment